Year Introduced: 1999
Incredibly pretty, flouncy and eye catching. Recommended.
Tube: White with peach overtones.
Sepals: White or candy pink with white central stripe, horizontal and recurved with a twist.
Corolla: Pale purple, pink at base, rose veins.
Foliage: Mid to dark green.
Parentage: Blue Lake x unknown.
RENE-MADELEINE - No. 4184 (Ector, 1999)
Nonflaring 29mm (1 1/8) long x 19mm (3/4) wide COROLLA opens red purple (70B) veined light pink (65C), light pink (65C) at base maturing to magenta (63B), white at base with turned under smooth petal edges
Half down 47mm (1 7/8) long x 11mm (3/8) wide quarter counterclockwise twisted SEPALS are white flushed pink (39D) with yellow green (154B) recurved tips
Proportionately medium 19mm (3/4) long x 6mm (1/4) wide TUBE is white striped darker
STAMENS extend 18mm (3/4) beyond corolla with rose (65A) filaments and light orange (179C) anthers
PISTIL extends 33mm (1 1/4) beyond corolla with white style and green yellow (1B) stigma
FOLIAGE is medium green (137B) on the upper surface, medium green (138A) on the lower surface with 70mm (2 3/4) long x 44mm (1 3/4) wide ovate shaped leaves, serrulate edges, acute tips and obtuse bases
Veins, stems and branches are light green (139D)
PARENTAGE: Blue Lake x unknown
Self branching natural trailer
Prefers overhead filtered light with best bloom color in filtered light
Certificate of Merit, National Belgian Fuchsia Inspection Commity, Meise
Tested 3 years in Rummen, Belgium
Distinguished by: bloom color.
- Origin: Blue Lake x unknown
- Growth habit: pendant self branching
- Location: filtered light
- Flower: Single
- Flower bud: oval
- Flower Tube: white, dark stripes 19mm x 6mm
- Sepal 47mm x 11mm halfway down beaten, top bent, twisted
- Sepal top: white, light yellow green top (154A)
- Sepal bottom: white light bright coral pink blush (39D)
- Petaloide: not
- Corolla: 29mm x 19mm is not outstanding, edge cool
- Corolla starts color: thyme purple (70B) Based dusky pink (65C)
- Corolla final color: light spirearood (63B), basic white, red veins
- Stamens: filament: light purple (65A) 18mmanther: gray pink (179c)
- Pistil: Style: White, stigma light greenish yellow (1B)
- Leaf 70mm x 44mm oval
- Leaf upper: means green (137)+ bottom means green (138B)
- + edge: finely serrated+ veins: pale green (139D)
- + steel: pale green (139D)
- Hybridiser: ECTOR Ann
- Year Introduced: 1999
- AFS: 4184. NBFK: 271
- Tested: 3 years in Rummen
- Note: Beautiful smoky flower
- Information Source: NBFK
|Certificates & Nominations||NBFK Cert|
|Large (4.5 - 6cm)||#|
|H2 (Min 1°C to 5°C)||#|