Year Introduced: 1990
Quietly refined, self branching, easy and a great pleasure to grow.
Noted for its profuse flowering.
Tube: Cream 159C, slender.
Sepals: Waxy white, held horizontal with slight recurve.
Corolla: Magenta 63A matures slightly lighter 57B, unflared.
Foliage: Mid green.
Parentage: La Campanella x unknown.
AFS 2614, NKvF 2668
LAND VAN BEVEREN - No. 2614 (Saintenoy, 1990)
Nonflaring 20mm (3/4) long x 17mm (5/8) wide COROLLA opens magenta (63A) maturing slightly lighter (57B)
Horizontally held 25mm (1) long x 9mm (3/8) wide SEPALS are white (155C) on the upper surface, white flushed pale pink (36D) on the lower surface with recurved tips
Proportionately medium length 21mm (7/8) long x 5mm (1/8) wide cream (159C) TUBE is proportionately thin
4 STAMENS extend 14mm (1/2) and 4 stamens extend 10mm (3/8) beyond corolla with rose (64D) filaments and dark reddish purple (64A) anthers
PISTIL extends 25mm beyond corolla with light pink (65B) style and light greyish yellow (160C) stigma
Ovate pointed BUD
FOLIAGE is medium green (143A) on the upper surface, yellowish green (144A) on the lower surface with 45mm (1 3/4) long x 24mm (1) wide ovate shaped leaves, serrate edges, acute tips and rounded bases
Veins are green with light brown stems and reddish brown branches
PARENTAGE: La Campanella x unknown
Self branching natural trailer
Prefers overhead filtered light to full sun and is heat tolerant if shaded with best bloom color in filtered to bright light
Tested 3 years in Mortsell and Schilde, Belgium
Distinguished by: profuse blooms.
Land van Beveren
- Pedigree: La Campanella x unknown
- Habit: pendant zelfvertakkend
- Location: filtered light
- Flower: single Flower bud: oval
- Flower Tube: cream RHS 159c 21mm x 5mm
- Sepal: 25mm x 9mm horizontal, top bowed, later bent
- Sepal top: shiny white, green cast
- Sepal bottom: white, blush pink (RHS 36D), green tops
- Petaloide: No, x,
- Corolla: 20mm x 17mm not outstanding, edge
- Corolla starts color: magenta (RHS63A)
- Corolla final color: a little lighter (RHS 57B)
- Stamens: filament: pink (RHS 64D) 10-14mm anther: dark red purple (RHS 64A)
- Pistil: style: light pink (RHS 65B) Stamp: light gray yellow (RHS 160C)
- Leaf: 45mm x 24mm; oval
- Leaf top: light green (RHS 143A) + bottom: light yellow-green (RHS 144A)
- + edge: coarsely toothed + veins: green
- &Nbsp;+ steel: light brown
- Breeder: SAINTENOY Roger
- Indroductiejaar: AFS 1989: 2614 NBFK: 1
- Keywords: 1990
- Tested: 3 years in Mortsel and Schilde
- Note: A cascade of flowers
Land van Beveren
Hybridiser: R. Saintenoy 1989 BE
Seed parent: La Campanella
Pollen parent: unknown
NKvF number: 2668
AFS number: 2614
Flower: single, hanging on a loose neutral stem L.roze / red purple, 49mm.
Flower Tube: tube, diameter round, light pink N155B, 21x3mm.
Sepals: half stand up, four-sided symmetry, top up, cross-sectional area, light pink color completely N155B, 35x10mm.
Petals: bell-shaped crown, bottom view around, outstanding quarter, the petals are usually formed with a smooth edge, entirely red color purple 58B, edge red purple, 24x23mm.
Filament: pink, equal in length, 60mm.
Style: pink, 80mm.
Stigma: pink, club-shaped.
Flowering: normal to rich.
Flowering time: usual.
Bud: oblong, circular cross section, 1-2 axillary buds per leaf axils, normally open top.
Berry: No data.
Leaf: elliptical shape, top striker foot rounded edge slightly serrated, matt appearance, smooth and flat, similar veins, color top, bottom and lateral veins medium green, light green midrib.
Growth habit: half hanger.
Growing Method: hanger for filtered light, best color in filtered light.
Special features: plant with a waterfall of flowers.
|Medium (3 - 4.5cm)||#|
|H2 (Min 1°C to 5°C)||#|