Year Introduced: 1996
A beautiful long tubed fuchsia with an attractive naturally trailing habit. Unusual and would be intriguing on the show bench.
Sepals: Rose with green tips.
Corolla: Dark rose with purple edges to the petals.
Foliage: Mid green.
Parentage: WALZ Harp x unknown.
AFS 3582, NKvF 3140
CHOR ECHO - No. 3582 (Claes, 1996)
Half flared 14mm (1/2") long x 13mm (1/2") wide COROLLA opens rose (61D) edged magenta (58B) maturing to magenta (68A), rose (61D) at base with turned under wavy petal edges
Half down 18mm (3/4") long x 7mm (1/4") wide SEPALS are pink (37C) on the upper surface, pink (48D) on the lower surface with light yellow green (149C) reflexed tips
Proportionately long thin 48mm (1 7/8") long x 5mm (1/8") wide TUBE is pink (37C)
STAMENS extend 5mm (1/8") beyond corolla with pink (52D) filaments and grey yellow (160B) anthers
PISTIL extends 18mm (3/4") beyond corolla with white/pink (52D) style and grey yellow (160B) stigma
Ovate pointed BUD
FOLIAGE is medium green (137B) on the upper surface, medium green (137D) on the lower surface with 84mm (3 1/4") long x 48mm (1 7/8") wide ovate shaped leaves, serrulate edges, acute tips and rounded bases
Veins are dark green (137A) with dark red purple (187D) branches
PARENTAGE: Walz Harp x unknown
Self branching natural trailer
Is heat tolerant if shaded with best bloom color in filtered light
Certificate of Merit, Nationale Belgische Fuchsia Keuringscommissie
Tested 3 years in Heusden, Zolder, Belgium and introduced in 1993
Distinguished by: profuse blooms, strong growth.
- Pedigree: WALZ Harp x unknown
- Growth Method: pendant self branching
- Location: filtered light
- Flower: only Flower bud: oval, pointed
- Flower Tube: pink RHS 37c 48mm x 5mm
- Bell 18mm x 7mm halfway down beaten, head bowed
- Sepal top: pink (RHS 37C) light yellow green tops (RHS 149c)
- Sepal bottom: dark pink (RHS 48D)
- Petaloide: No, x
- Corolla: 14mm x 13mm 1/2 outstanding, corrugated edge
- Corolla starts color: dark pink (RHS 61D), edge magenta (RHS 58B)
- Corolla final color: pink purple (RHS 68A), basic dark pink (RHS 61D)
- Stamens: filament: dark pink (RHS 52D) 5mm anther: gray yellow (RHS 160B)
- SPidtil: style: white base dark pink (RHS 52D) stamp: gray yellow (RHS 160B)
- Leaf: 84mm x 48mm; oval
- Leaf upper: medium green (RHS 137B) + bottom: light green (RHS 137D)
- + edge: denticulate + veins: basic gray purple
- + stem: gray purple (RHS 187d)
- Breeder: CLAES Alfons
- Indroductiejaar: 1993 AFS: 3582 NBFK: 64
- Tested: 3 years in Heusden
- Note: Lush growth, continues to flourish
|Large (4.5 - 6cm)||#|
|H2 (Min 1°C to 5°C)||#|